The purpose of interscholastic athletics is for a child to grow in his/her skills and abilities, and to have the opportunity to use those skills in compeition against other teams.
As a Lutheran Elementary School, St. John's also applies Christian attitudes in these activities.
Colossians 3:17 tells us, "Whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the father through him."
A variety of sports are offered:
- Cross Country - Grades 3-8 - Mid-August through Mid-October
- Girls' Volleyball - Grades 4-8 - Mid- August through Mid-October
- Boys' and Girls' Basketball - Grades 3-8 - October through February
- Girls' Cheerleading - Grades 3-8 - October through February
- Boys' Wrestling - Grades K5-8 - February through March
- Boys' and Girls' Track and Field - Grades 3-8 - April through May
- Girls' Mini Volleyball - Grades K3-4 - September through October