At our school, all our teachers and staff have one common goal and purpose: to prepare children for life and eternity through Jesus.
As an extension of our church, St. John's Lutheran School prepares children for a life of Christian service here on earth and for eternity with Jesus in heaven.
To carry this out, our school will:
- Equip children to be Christian witnesses and prepare them for eternal life with their Savior through the study of God's Word.
- Provide a Christian, caring environment in which God's love is mirrored in the relationships among students, faculty and staff.
- Give children the skills they need to be knowledgeable students, successful workers, and productive citizens.
- Serve as an arm of outreach to our community.
- Strengthen families to grow in Christ.
Each component of our vision is expressed in terms of multiple objectives, some of which are benchmarks (essential aspects of excellent Christian education which are already firmly rooted at St. John's) and some of which are aspirations (ways in which we aim to improve upon our benchmarks).
We value Christian education, because in every class students learn the unconditional gospel of forgiveness of sins through faith in Jesus Christ. In addition to teaching math, reading, science and all the other subjects, we have a unique privilege of sharing with the students and their families the most important truth of all: God has won the victory over sin and death for eternity through the death and resurrection of his son, Jesus Christ.
We give thanks to God for the grace he has shown us in allowing our students to have the academic standing they have. St. John’s has teachers, parents, administrators, boards, a congregation and federation who continue to strive for excellence in all aspects of Lutheran education, academics, the arts, sports, social development, service to others, and creating 21st century learning environments that prepare our students for service.
Current conditions at St. John's.